Discuss each of the following sections with Universal1st to be sure you are receiving adequate coverage:
- Dwelling – major property coverage that protects your house and attached structures
- Other Structures – protects all other structures that are not attached to the dwelling. These may include detached garages, tool sheds, and in-law units.
- Personal Property – protects the content of your home and other personal belongings owned by you and other family members.
Be sure to discuss the following types of property that are especially susceptible to loss including:
- Fine Arts
- Loss of Use – Coverage that pays additional living expenses if your home is damaged by peril.
- Personal Liability – protect you or a resident of your household if you are held legally responsible for injury to others.
- Medical Payments to Others – coverage that pays for some medical expenses for persons injured on your property. If one of your child’s friend is injured while at your home, the medical payments portion of your homeowners policy may pay for the medical expenses.