• Login

Motor Carriers Permit Services

Universal 1st

We understand many people are just “way too busy” to wait in line for a number to be called at some DMV’s, or get up at the crack of dawn to spend the day at a state permitting facility.

That’s why we at Universal 1st have decided to provide this service to submit applications and, assist you to obtain the necessary permits need in no time.

Give us a call at   818-546-2200   to see how we can help.

A motor carrier who operates only within the state of California must obtain a “motor carrier of property” permit from the Motor Carrier Services Branch, MCP Operations Unit of the Department of Motor Vehicles.

An out-of-state motor carrier must obtain the MCP if BOTH are delivering AND picking up loads in California and is subject to the Unified Carrier Registration Act of 2005 (UCR) requirements.

Please visit http://www.dot.ca.gov/ to learn more about motor carrier permit services.

Typically, the following specialty transportation services must have coverage:

  • Limousine
  • Town Car
  • Party Bus
  • Non-Emergency Medical Transport
  • Ambulance
  • Airport Shuttle
  • Taxi