• Login

Renter’s (Tenant’s) Insurance

Protection for items in your rented apartment or home

Universal 1st


enter’s insurance, also known as “tenant’s insurance” provides protection for your property and protects you from claims resulting from someone who becomes injured at your apartment or other rented home.

Losses covered by renter’s insurance typically include:

  • Fire
  • Smoke
  • Theft
  • Burglary
  • Lighting
  • Explosion
  • Falling objects
  • Damage from snow and ice
  • Water (caused by plumbing failure, appliance failure, fire sprinklers or other accidental discharges of water)
  • Electrical surges 

It also covers:

  • Injuries to others while at your home (including medical expenses and any resulting lawsuits)
  • Damage that you cause to other people’s property
  • Temporary housing if your home is damaged and you are unable to live in it while it is being repaired.

Renter’s insurance policies pay to replace any property that is stolen, damaged or destroyed by a covered cause including: 

  • Appliances and Electronics
  • Clothes
  • Furniture
  • Jewelry
  • Collectibles

Renter’s insurance also protects some items even when you’re away from home. Talk with Universal1st about renter’s coverage today.